Sunday, July 12, 2009

In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki room...

Todays challenge on 365 cards was a sketch. Initially I was going to try and make a card that combined 3 other challenges, but then when I was looking at other peoples cards for this sketch, someone had a picture of a tropical resort on the side of their blog, and then I knew I had to make a tropical card. So, This took me over an hour, maybe two. I think I over-stickled, but I like it. Enjoy.

If I were to do this card again I would probably rip the Bermuda Bay down further so that more of the photo paper showed, and buy a different color of stickles for the purple flower. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.


ON BRACKETS:
Oh! I didn't have anything to make the brackets with, so I punched a scallop, then stuck the scallop into a circle punch. Of course, the two times I did it they didn't come out even so I had to trim them a little. ANYWAY, then I was looking through the new cards people entered for this challenge and found Catstamps. Thanks to her entry I learned how to make brackets without a bracket punch!! If you have time check out her blog. If not, I'll tell you real quick that you use a tab punch. So you are using the side of the center ( where you will see it dips and bumps like a bracket) and you just punch once onto paper, and then again lining it up about a centimeter from the first time and it should leave you with a bracket. Pretty cool, huh?

Melissa



This Card:

Ink: SU tempting turqoise, rich razzleberry, crushed curry, pink passion, pacific point
Black Stazon
Stamps: SU- Do the Hula, Circle Circus, My favorite things- Tiki Lagoon
Paper: SU Bermuda bay, Craft paper, white, beach photo paper
Stickles: dark blue, star dust, yellow, fruit punch, waterfall
Accessories: Cuttlebug bubble folder, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. what a FUN card!!! love the tropical theme...you can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tropical theme of your card...so cute! Great job with the sketch!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete