Saturday, July 11, 2009

Under the Sea!


Todays challenge on 365 cards was to be inspired by "Bubbles."
Immediately I thought of the sea.
So here is my card:



The Stamp I wanted to use was the turtle from the sea life set from "Local King Rubber", but I don't own it, so I used the puffer fish from SU! Whale Wishes. The fish is rock n rolled, and then i used a sponge dobber to add the green of his face. The green bubble paper is Cuttle bugged, and then i used a dobber to highlight the bubbles with SU Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, and Night of Navy inks. The rest is pretty straight forward. I stamped SU Circle Circus on the sides, and added some Stardust Stickles to the left side. I darkened the corners of the main card, and all the edges of the smalled pieces. Then I added some eyelash yarn ( from a vast stash collected for knitting :P). The middle piece of yarn became a little crooked in the scanner, but the card looks a lot better in person. Also I stickled the air bubbles coming from the fish!

Melissa

3 comments:

  1. I love it! The blue, the bubbles... but especially that seaweed! Very nice, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.........I really love the colours and how rich it looks, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is a truly wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete