Saturday, July 11, 2009

By the Sea...

Noticing a theme in my challenge cards today? Totally unintentional. Anyway, This one was for a sketch challenge, Sketch Saturday to be exact. I knew immediately that I wanted to use this stamp. This stamp, which my mother says she "hates it to death". Do you feel the same way I wonder? Anyway, I finally used up some photo paper on this one both the dark blue, and the beach scene were from the same sheet of paper. My image is stamped on SU! Ivory paper, colored, and glitzed with yellow Stickles. My phrase is from the SU set "Crab and Company". I threw some stickles on that as well to make it a little better. At the bottom are some pearls, and a crystal brad in the center of the flower. There is also some Lace Stickles on the foam of the waves in the photo paper, but you can't really see it with this scanned image. I'm not really impressed, satisfied, or happy with this card. It didn't come out at all as I had hoped. But I guess it isn't half bad. Anyway, here it is.
Sketch:

Card:


So what do you think? Is the stamp really so horrible?? I know my coloring job leaves something to be desired but....


Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I really love that stamp, very cool. thanks so much for following my blog I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. :Can't wait to get to the beach and sit in a chair just like that! I am in Michigan now dreaming of " soaking up the sun" as Sheryl Crow would say. Your coloring is great, especially on the shells. I am a real lover of shells and will be down combing the beach as soon as I can get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful card, a fab image brilliant take on the sketch. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete