Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some Things Get Better With Age

So we have established mom's blogspot. It can be found here:
http://www.dswatek.blogspot.com/
That being said. Here's another card.


There is actually a story to this card. Approx. 2 years ago when my mom first started taking me to card classes, we went to a class at a library where Sandy Nicotra was teaching. The technique involved stamping an image in versmark and coloring it with chalk ( that i believe was rubbed on to a cotton ball). I decided to make my coloring stormy looking, finished the class, and put the little piece of paper with my colored palm tree into my card box. Where it sat. And sat. And sat. Until just a few days ago when I decided I finally wanted to use it and get it out of my box. So, I pulled out some hawaiian t-shirt print paper, cut it, ripped it, ripped the bottom of my palm tree paper, and set about to pick a color. I grabbed one of the first grayish blues I saw and asked my mom if it was a good color. She went back to our paper supply and returned with the most perfect shade of blue I could have asked for. Next, i scored the corner at random angles, rubbed all the edges of the folds in SU Very Vanilla ink, pinned the corner back with a dull silver brad, added some ribbon threaded through holes, stamped a phrase and glued everything together. And there you have it! A card 2 years in the making, and I couldn't be happier with it.


"Dreams come a size too big so we can grow into them."

Melissa



This Card:
Paper: SU Not Quite Navy cardstock, hawaiian print paper, beige cardstock
Stampsets: SU Carte Postale,
Inks: SU Very Vanilla, Versamark ( for the palm tree)
Accessories: hemp, SU blue ribbon, silver brad

1 comment:

  1. beautiful card and well worth the 2 year wait.
    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete