Monday, July 13, 2009

Today's Challenges!!

Todays 365 Challenge: Windows!
First things first. Guess where I got the color scheme...... Anyone??? I'll give you a hint, It's from a t.v. show. ( stay tuned for the answer at the bottom). ANyway, the cat and the coral paper is on the inside of the card, and I cut the windows out of my window. There is acetate between the front and inside, but it didn't show up in the scan.

This Card:
Paper: SU Ivory, groovy guava
Ink: Bermuda bay, chocolate chip, black stazon
Ribbon: groovy guava
Stamps: SU Best Yet, SU Window Dressing, SU Polka Dots and Paisleys ____________________________________________________________

Next, The Crafty Creations Challenge. (#23) This challenge was to involve birds. Here's my bird!! Not that this is important... but I was watching the movie "Death by Murder" while making this... That is a Hilarious movie! OH, and don't you just love when you don't stamp straight? Fun isn't it?


This card:
Paper: SU groovy guava, perfectly pomegranate, river rock, flower print paper
Stamps: Clear bird set, Polka dots and Paisleys
_______________________________________________________________

And now the Mojo Monday sketch!( week 95) I've been stuck in a tropical rut lately, if you've seen my other posts you would now what i'm talking about.


This Card:
Paper: Bermuda Bay, night of navy,old olive, hhhhh, copper paper, happily ever after print paper
Stamps: MFT tiki lagoon, SU Do the Hula
_____________________________________________________________

Last, but certainly not least, The Creative Belli Blog Challenge: Texture! (69)

This is one of the first stamp sets I ever bought, so I was pretty excited to get to use it again. My texture is the flowersoft on the lettuce! That fancy paper I used for the Chef's jacket was paper my mom has saved from an old fabric sample book. It's fun to use old stuff :)

This Card:
Ink: SU chocolate chip, SU more mustard, black stazon
Stamps: SU Voila! and Voila to Go, Inkadinkado clear stamps, harmony
Accessories: green flowersoft

Thanks for looking!
Remember my question at the begining? About the color scheme for my 365 card?
Well, It all come from "The Golden Girls". The pink paper is more of a coral color in person, so combine that with the bermuda bay spots and the off white paper, you get the colors used in the living room ( and most of the house) on "Golden Girls". Just a fun fact for ya ^_~

Melissa

9 comments:

  1. Melissa - How cute! I love this set and the flocking your used on the plate is adorable. Thanks so much for playing with us over at the belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovin' all your cards...hey, I love tropical cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with a lovely owl-card!

    'Tweet' greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations Challenge! All your cards are lovely!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute cards! Thanks for joining us on CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the cards. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards! Your window card is my fav of the batch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the challenge, cute card, thanks for playing with us belli girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards, Melissa - absolutely fab work on the window card! Thanks for joining us at 365 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your chef card is really clever - love the paper pieced chef's garb and the Flower Soft for the lettuce is such a fun touch! Great job! Thanks for playing along with the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete